Thursday, May 27, 2010

Hurry up and wait!

39 weeks! I'm getting more and more excited to meet this little girl. Results from todays doctors appointment concludes that I am high, thick and closed. I was sad about this news since I was told at 37 weeks by another doc that I was 1cm, but according to Dr. Bush she is still very high and my cervix is closed. BP was 160/90 in the office but 120/60 at the hospital during my NST. I had blood drawn at the hospital today to test me for toxemia (aka pre-eclampsia). Results were good. Still no protein in my urine (another sign of pre-e). My ankles are cankles. I was given an additional doctors appointment on Tuesday since Dr. Bush didn't want a week between appointments for me. So next week I have a total of 4 appointments (2 NSTs at the hospital and two regular appointments).

Oh yeah, and a the hospital today I had a braxton hicks contraction that last about 5 minutes. I didn't feel a thing.

That's all for now.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your appointment sound like mine were towards the end. It is good you are going into the hospital though for NSTs. I know all of the appointments are not fun, but it is good to hear that your BP is being monitored and you aren't pre-eclamptic yet. Good news. Hang in there.. she will be here before you know it. I know how you feel. Oh, and my feet are finally not swollen anymore. It got worse after delivery (which i didn't think was possible) but now at 2 weeks i finally look normal again. There is an end in sight!

Ashley King said...

you're sooo close!!!! almost there!!!! =)

Stacy said...

Courtney!!!! Please wait for me!