Friday, March 19, 2010

And today I give thanks...

In the blogging world you come across different blogs about different people's lives. This week I read a blog that was unfortunately not what I was hoping to read. A fellow blogger, a military wife (Marines), and a new mother was given the devastating news that her husband had been killed in a rollover accident while he was serving his country in Afghanistan. He was just 26 years old. He had yet to even meet his daughter.

So if you can spare some prayers for Mrs. P and her daughter Ariana over at A Little Pink in a World of Camo, it would be greatly appreciated.

And with that said, I'd like to post the top 10 things that I give thanks for everyday:

1) My husband. After meeting at such a young age (I was 16 and he was 17)I am thankful that for his kindness, love and the fact that he has put up with me for this long.

2) My family. The people who would do absolutely anything for me at anytime. I am just so blessed to have such a wonderful support system. I couldn't do it without them.

3) My friends. Some I talk to everyday, some I talk to once every few months. Either way they love me like a sister and visa versa. They make me smile and I love them for all their support.

4) My pets. If it wasn't for them, working from home would cause me to go out and do some random things. They entertain me and are always there to cuddle with me when I need a hug and Mike isn't here to give it to me.

5) My baby girl that I have yet to meet. She is with me everyday and gives me a swift kick just when I need it. She also has a way to wake me up in the middle of the night and put a smile on my face.

6) My health and the health of my family and friends.

7) Chapstick. :)

8) Chocolate.

9) Beer (when I can have it)

10) Beautiful sunny days!

What are you thankful for?

No comments: