Thursday, March 4, 2010

The 3rd Trimester!

Wow, the 2nd trimester just flew by. I remember just praying to make it through the dreadful 1st trimester and here I am now 12 weeks away from actually having my baby girl. How exciting, and scary all at the same time.

Mike is still in South Carolina so he has been gone for most of my belly growth spurt. He will be coming home next Saturday. I can't wait to see him and I can't wait for him to see my belly move when baby girl kicks. She is getting much stronger.

I started my birthing classes this past Tuesday. The first class was awefully bland but I'm hoping it will get better as the weeks go on. The third class, which Mike should be able to attend with me, includes the hospital tour.

In the last week we did finally get the nursery furniture ordered. The dresser/changer is ready to be picked up but we are still waiting for the crib to arrive. Mike and I will pick it up after he gets home next weekend. We ordered it Site to Store from Wal-Mart. I think I'll post pictures of it once we actually start putting the nursery together, so sit tight.

How Courtney is growing this week:
This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.

She weighs as much as a head of cauliflower:


And for Jenni who wants to see what the baby actually looks like this week (instead of comparing her to fruits and vegetables):


2 comments:

Stacy said...

Wow! Time flies when you're having fun! I can't wait to see you and your belly!

Ashley King said...

yay! congrats! can't wait to see the nursery once it's all up and running! woo hoo! how exciting! and if jenni ATE her vegetables, then comparing baby Courtney to vegetables would be just dandy! ;) you know i love you jenni!!
=)

congrats steph!