Friday, November 15, 2013

This is no joke you guys.

34 weeks and 5 days. This belly is currently holding two babies the size of butternut squash (almost 5 pounds each). Their average size is 17.2-18.7 inches. This explains why I seriously CANNOT BREATH. They have completely squashed my organs. I've read that even while on the operating table, I'll feel instant relief as they pull out the babies. I cannot wait for that. I also can't wait to be able to sleep (haha - I mean at least comfortably even if its only in 20 minute increments), walk normal, shower without feeling lightheaded, put on my shoes. The list goes on.

At my MFM appointment yesterday, Baby A got an A+ on her report card. She was doing great practicing her breathing. Heart rate of 161 bpm and estimated weight of 4lbs 2oz (+/- 10oz).

As for Baby B, she was being quite stubborn (like her Daddy, ahem). She did great on everything except her practice breathing. We did everything to get her going. I sat up, rolled to my left, rolled to my right, Dr. R shook her up with the ultrasound wand to wake her up. She wasn't having it. So I went and did my NST (non-stress test) for 30 minutes and on my way out Dr. R did another quick scan of her to see if she had decided to start practicing again. AND nothing. So he sent me home to eat lunch and grab something sweet and asked me to come back in 2 hours. Mike came home early and went back with me. Within 5 minutes of him starting the ultrasound, she was practicing like a good girl. Trouble maker. In the end she also received an A on her report card. Her heart rate was 146 bpm and she weighed in at 4lbs 12oz (+/- 11oz).

We've decided to schedule my c-section for 37 weeks so when I see my OB next week, she'll get it scheduled. I can't believe we are so close to the end. Yet it still seems so far for me. Seriously carrying two is no joke. I'm quite the spectackle when I go out in public. Even at the doctors office, with all the other pregnant ladies.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

Bixler Brood said...

So excited for you, Steph!! Are you registered anywhere?