Thursday, December 9, 2010

6 month update!

Courtney had her 6 month well check on Tuesday. This is how it went:

Weight: 16 pounds 12 ounces (75%)
Height: 27 inches (95%)
Head: 41.4 cms (40%)
Shots: Four (would have been three but we went ahead and got her the flu shot...terrible parents we are.)

Her pediatrician is very happy that she is still on breastmilk and always gives me kudos for continuing to pump for her while I work. She always makes me feel good and motivates me to keep going. She said we can now start solids and that she can have veggies, fruits and meat on top of the cereal we already started. She was given flouride drops that I am to give her everyday. She said she is just thriving and that we are doing a great job.

So after her appointment I headed to the grocery store and picked up a few jars of organic veggie baby food (ok it was 10 jars...they were 10 for $7...give me a break). I plan to try making my own, but I was excited to let her try her first veggie. When we came home she had a bottle, then had some rice cereal and her first veggie...peas. She ate them right up. Fast forward to the next night. I heat up the rice cereal and peas and she wants nothing to do with them. Keeps making the ewww what is that face. I tried to catch it on video but she would not even open her mouth to give them another try. We will try peas a few more nights before giving oatmeal a try, then I plan to try green beans. How exciting for her to get to try new things huh? Oh yeah, she is also eating in her big girl highchair.

This was taken the night of her appointment.



No comments: