Friday, October 4, 2013

3rd Trimester. Where did you come from?

28 weeks. 28 weeks. 28 weeks. Holy cow!

I'm not sure I know where the 1st and 2nd trimesters went. But I am so thrilled to have made it to this milestone. Ninety percent of babies who make it to this stage of gestation survive. Long-term complications are still a possibility, however. We saw our MFM yesterday and the girls look amazing. They are measuring almost exactly the same with everything. They are both 2lbs 9oz which Dr. R says it absolutely perfect for a singleton, so for twins is great. They are both breech so I have both of their heads up in my ribs and all four feet kicking my hips and bladder. The fact that they are breech isn't really a big deal for me since I'll be having a repeat c-section. My next appointment to see them is on Halloween and I'll be 32 weeks. Mike almost choked when I said that. We can't believe we are getting so close to meeting these little girls. And if you're wondering, we still have those moments of "Holy cow, we're having two babies."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Here are the girls yesterday at 28 weeks 4 days. Baby A is on the right and Baby B is on the left.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

How far along? 28 weeks
Weight gain/loss: 20 pounds
Maternity clothes? Yes.
Sleep? Not good. I've taken benedryl a few times. I just try not to do it too much.
Best moment this week? Seeing the girls yesterday. I got to see one of the baby's blink (can't remember who it was).
Movement: Yes. I actually went to labor and delivery last Thursday because I mentioned that they weren't moving as much as usual. So I was monitored for a few hours and they passed with flying colors. Just giving me anxiety.
Food cravings: Cereal and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Still things I can't have.
Gender: Baby Girls!
Belly button in or out? Out!
What I miss? Sleep, getting out of the house, sweets, and being able to do housework. (same as last time)
What I am looking forward to? Our family/maternity photos this weekend. Yay!
Milestones: 28 week milestone! Yay!

No comments: