Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I ran for 7 minutes, yo.

Yes, yes I did. And although I looked like I was going to die, I was so very proud of myself. I found a gym over the weekend and signed right up. Thank you military discount. They have a nursery for Courtney, tanning beds, a jacuzzi and great hours. I'm so excited to get back in the gym.

I went for my first workout last night. I did all upper body and then cardio on the treadmill. I started out with a 5 minute warmup and then wanted to see how long (or far) I could jog for. When I hit the 5 minute mark I was so peoud of myself but I felt good so I kept going. Once I hit 7 minutes I had ran over a half a mile and didn't want to kill myself right off the bat so I slowed down to a nice walking pace and finished off the 20 minutes. I know it doesn't sound like much, but for someone who remembers the last time she ran a mile being in middle school (and I think I probably cheated) I give myself a pat on the back.

I know how good running is for your health and body, so I really want to learn to "love" it. I want to push myself but also take it slowly so that I don't get burnt out and give up.

I'm excited now. I better start working on updating my ipod!

No comments: