Monday, February 4, 2013

Wonder what it's like to have a c-section?

I like to tell my friends who are expecting their first, "please do your research on what it's like to have a c-section." We all don't want to end up with a c-section. I didn't. I thought I would have the "natural" delivery I had planned. So I put on my blinders and skipped the chapter in my pregnancy book on c-section deliveries. Boy was that a mistake.

At 10cm dialated and a baby whose heart rate kept dropping, I was wheeled into the OR and being prepped for that damn c-section. Thank God for that since Courtney's cord was wrapped around her neck and a "natural" delivery could have ended much differently.

Here is one womans experience of her c-section and what came after.

"Things to know about having a C-section" By Scary Mommy contributor, Gina

No comments: