Tuesday, December 20, 2011

When you thought you had another year. You were sadly mistaken.

Oh dear crib,
I thought you'd be able to contain my child just a little bit longer. But instead you allowed her to learn how to lift herself up and over the edge. And somehow gracefully land on her feet with out even a tear. or a thud. and thankfully not a broken arm. So beacuse you let me down, I had to do what I was hoping I could put off for maybe another 6 months to a year. I converted her crib to a toddler bed. And you made me cry. I just wasn't ready. So thanks. Thanks for giving up on your job a little to early.

Sincerely,
"toddler mom" :tear:

Her new bed.


And because she will no longer be contained in her crib. I installed her furniture straps this weekend.


And the gate to keep her in her room. So she doesn't greet me at my door when I get up in the morning. Like she did this morning. Which made me pee a little.


1 comment:

Careless Heiress said...

Oh Steph! I LoL'd at "Which made me pee a little." Seriously. I'm still laughing. And I would have pee'd a little too!