Sunday, November 21, 2010

So I was impatient...

Originally we planned to wait until 6 months to start Courtney on solids. Court's pediatrician said that was fine since she was getting plenty of nutrition from breastmilk alone (hello 90% for weight). They also say that early introduction (some people start at 4 months) to foods has been linked to allergies, diabetes and obesity. But this weekend I got impatient and wanted to test it out. So Saturday afternoon we gave it a shot and she just kept spitting it out. So we gave it another try today. I thickened it up a bit and she seemed to like it a bit more. We are using Happy Bellies Organic Brown Rice Cereal mixed with breastmilk. And her Bumbo acted as a highchair. I'm excited to start her on solids. I'm hoping to make some of her baby food, especially certain fruits and vegetables. But we will just continue with the cereal alone until her 6 month appointment.



As you can see, I need more practice. What a mess it is. But I love how excited she was. Everytime I scooped more she would look in the bowl.

No comments: