Thursday, March 25, 2010

T minus 10 weeks to go!

I can't believe I am 30 weeks today (10 to go). I've encountered a few new pregnancy symptoms in the last week. They include: swollen feet and ankles, restless leg syndrome (you get this urge to just move your legs) and I took off my wedding ring and my engagement ring due to them getting too tight. As you saw in my previous post, we had a 3D ultrasound on Monday and it was an awesome experience. I recommend it to anyone. We watched her yawn, suck her thumb, blink and rub her face. We shcheduled our session at a facility in Los Alamitos called Before the Stork. We received the whole ultrasound on DVD and a CD of over 40 pictures. It was worth every penny. On top of that we got another confirmation that she is still a girl! Saturday is my baby shower so look for those pictures to come.

As for Courtney:
Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)



No comments: