Thursday, March 18, 2010

29 Weeks!

I picked Mike up from the Seattle airport Saturday afternoon and we enjoyed a nice lunch at an Irish pub and then we made a stop at Best Buy for him to pick up a DVD and a new video game he wanted. We picked up the nursery furniture from Wal-Mart (it had been there for about 2 weeks) and enjoyed some time together. Sunday morning we went out for breakfast and then Mike got to work putting the crib and dresser/changer together. And then...here's the kicker...he had to go back to work at 4:45pm Sunday night. Yes, you heard that right. We had almost 24 hours together after him being gone for a total of around 7 weeks. I dropped him off expecting him to be home for our annual corned beef and cabbage dinner yesterday, St. Patrick's Day! I get a phone call at 4pm yesterday expecting him to say he was back in Port Angeles but I find out that the boat, which is in Everett in dry dock (it was having some issues so they take it out of the water to fix them), is still broken and he isn't coming home. I know this is the life that I signed up for when I married a man that serves his country, but damn, can I get a little time with my husband for crying out loud. So it's now Thursday and I am left wondering just when he will actually come home. Not to mention, he missed the hospital tour I went on on Tuesday with my birthing class. Can you tell I'm feeling a little lonely? I just really really miss my husband.

But on a brighter note, we fly into LA on Saturday for a week and I can't wait. I took Monday off as a vacation day so that I can spend a little extra time with friends and family before I head into the office. For those of you who don't know, I work from home in Washington but my "office" is in Huntington Beach, CA. So when I go home and visit family I have the opportunity to spend time with family and friends while also not using vacation because I can go into the office and work. Monday the 22nd we have a scheduled 3D ultrasound at a place called "Before the Stork" and we have invited both of our moms to join us. They are so very excited and I can't wait to see my little girl again. Plus I really want a 2nd confirmation that she is still a girl. :) And did I tell you that my sister will be coming home too for a few days? I am so excited about this. I have a baby shower scheduled for while I'm home that I am so looking forward to and that is why she is coming all the way from Boston. As for the nursery, you'll still have to wait. I plan to post photos once it is all put together.

As for Courtney:
Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. Her muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and her head is growing bigger to make room for her developing brain. To meet her increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because her bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

She weighs as much as a butternut squash:


No comments: