Monday, December 17, 2012

Sandy Hook

I saw the messages on Facebook about a shooting at an Elementary school, and truthfully, I closed Facebook and didn't want to read anymore. I don't handle trajedy well. For as long as I can remember when something bad was happening, I would burry my head in the sand. If I didn't pay attention, or blocked it out wouldn't it go away? Wouldn't it just be all a bad dream?

So this is very hard for me. It makes what happened at Sandy Hook real. I know its real and I need to say a prayer for those who lost their lives way to soon.

Charlotte Bacon, 6
Daniel Barden, 7
Rachel Davino, 29, teacher aide
Olivia Engel, 6
Josephine Gay, 7
Dylan Hockley, 6
Dawn Hochsprung, 47, principal (killed while lunging at the gunman as she tried to overtake him)
Madeleine Hsu, 6
Catherine Violet Hubbard, 6
Chase Kowalski, 7
Nancy Lanza, 52, gunman's mother
Jesse Lewis, 6
Ana Marquez-Greene, 6
James Mattioli, 6
Grace Audrey McDonnell, 7
Anne Marie Murphy, 52, teacher
Emilie Parker, 6
Jack Armistead Pinto, 6
Noah Pozner, 6
Caroline Phoebe Previdi, 6
Jessica Rekos, 6
Avielle Richman, 6
Lauren Gabrielle Rousseau, 30, teacher
Mary Sherlach, 56, school psychologist
Victoria Soto, 27, teacher
Benjamin Wheeler, 6
Allison Wyatt, 6

Father I pause this moment in the name of Jesus asking you to touch each and every parent that has to endure the pain of losing a child.

Father I pray that you give them strength, comfort and peace.

Father I pray that you give then a testimony of how in the midst of this hurt, pain and bitterness that you comforted them and gave them peace that can only come from you.

Amen.


No comments: