Sunday, February 12, 2012

Napping Battles

Napping is going to be the death of me...and I have no one to blame but myself. Courtney naps wonderfully at daycare. A good 1 1/2 - 2 hours. (unless they are a bunch of lying liars). One the weekends or days when she is home with me. No siree. No napping here. I try everything. Super Nanny style. The kid fights me. For hours.

Like today, we went out to the Jump Zone so she could burn of some energy before lunch. We played until I knew she was getting tired. That meant I needed to rush home, while keeping her awake long enough so that I could feed her lunch and then hopefully put her peacefully down for a nap. I mean come on...she just jumped in a jumper for 45 minutes.

After lunch of ravioli, I brought her to her room tucked her in and stood at her door where she couldn't see me. After 15 times of putting her back in her bed, I let her play a while hoping she'd put herself to bed. After what I thought was a good 10 minutes of quiet, I check on her and she has pulled out her drawers, opened her closet and somehow put on herself THREE swim diapers. I gave up at that point and brought her to our bed with her pillow and blanket. Put on cartoons and 10 minutes later. walla!



You gotta do what you gotta do!

No comments: