So I've been putting off this post for two reasons. 1) Mike has the laptop on his boat and that has all of Courtney's 9 months photos and 2) her 9 month appointment wasn't until yesterday. But I decided I'd post what photos I have an if I remember, add more later.
Here is what Courtney is up to:
1) She weighs 20 pounds 11 ounces (88% for weight)
2) She is 28 3/4 inches long (90% for height) - we all know she didn't get that from me. The doctor expects her to be taller than me.
3) 50% for head size
4) Pulls herself up onto everything - the trash can, coffee table, sliding doors, etc.
5) She has no interest in walking yet. She has a great push toy that she got for Christmas but she stands up and the second the things starts to move she sits down. If we hold her hands and try to have her walk she pulls her feet up.
6) She is saying mama, baba and the occasional da. I still believe mama is indiscriminate.
7) She loves finger foods and is getting more table food. Last night she had chicken and dumplings for dinner. She loved it. Tonight she gets corned beef and cabbage for St. Patrick's Day.
8) She will cry if you take something away from her that she wants.
9) We brush her two bottom teeth
10) She likes to take stuff out of her crib, throw it on the floor, say "Oh" (as in uh oh) and then looks at me to pick it up. She will do this over and over again.
11) She uses a big girl sippy cup with no handles. She hasn't quite conquered the straw sippy yet. She just chews on the straw.
12) She is an amazing sleeper. She sleeps from 7:30pm until I get her up at 6:30am. I just put her in her crib at night, turn on her seahorse and sleep sheep and she goes to bed on her own. No rocking needed.
13) She sits in a big girl highchair when we go out to eat.
That's all I can think of right now. We did take a trip to the Seattle Aquarium and she preferred to watch the people watching the fish then actually watch the fish. We'll go again when she is a little older. Plus I want to take her to the zoo!
Enjoy her small selection of 9 month photos: