Sunday, August 1, 2010

Two months old!

It's been almost a month since I last posted. Life has been crazy with a newborn (is she still a newborn at 2 months or is she an infant? Or are they the same thing?) Courtney has been growing like crazy. She no longer fits into her newborn clothes (she's to long), she's been smiling since six weeks, and the last time she was weighed she weighed in at 10 pounds 4 ounces. Quite the weight gain for a baby who lost 10% of her weight the first week she was born. We have her two month appointment on Wednesday which I'm not looking forward to. Can we say shots? :(

She is nursing like a champ and I'd like to give myself a high five for sticking with it. Nursing is not easy and at times I think "It would be so much easier if I just gave her a bottle," but I'm glad I haven't. I'm praying that I'll be able to keep up with her through pumping once I go back to work at the end of the month.

I am also happy to say that Courtney slept through the night last night for the first time. She goes to bed at 8:30pm and she got up at 6am. Of ocurse there were a few times she would wimper and as long as I put the fire (what we call the pacifier) back in her mouth she would go back to sleep. Although she slept through the night, I didn't. Every few hours I was up checking on her since she hadn't woken me up to eat.

Guess what I got? A new camera. I have been wanting this camera for so long and finally we went down to Costco to get it. We got the Canon Rebel T1i. I am so excited. I can't wait to really learn how to use it. Poor Courtney though, I look like the paparazzi.

That's about it for now. I'll update you after Court's 2 month appointment on Wednesday. Plus, Mike's parents come to visit for a week on Tuesday. Yay for visitors.

Here are a few photos with the new camera and Court's 2 month photo shoot this morning.







1 comment:

<3 CMV said...

Super cute!!!
She's already changed so much since her 1 month old picture.
Hope you're enjoying being a Mommy!
<3 Carri