Wednesday, June 9, 2010

How time flies!

I can't believe it's been over a week since my little girl was born. On Friday I was visited at home by a lactation consultant to help me work on Courtney's latch during nursing. When she was weighed she was down 10% of her body weight from birth. She weighed 6 pounds 15 ounces. We began feeding her every two hours and at her pediatrician appointment on Saturday morning she was up 2 ounces (which is great). Breastfeeding is tough, especially when you have soreness and bleeding from her not latching correctly the first few days in the hospital. I'm not going to lie. I've cried a few times due to the pain or due to seeing blood in the milk while she is nursing (they say a little blood is OK for her). It seems to get better and better everyday. She is a really good baby and doesn't fuss too much (so far). I just love her so much and watching Mike with her melts my heart.

We had Courtney's newborn photos taken on Monday by the same talented photographer who took our maternity photos. You can see the sneak peek of those here.

I also had my staples taken out at my doctors appointment on Tuesday.

Here are two photos of Courtney today during her wake time.

We learned that she loves looking at herself in the mirror:


Jenna finally got curious and decided to check Courtney out:


No comments: